Monday, February 3, 2014

Learning to code: Day 468

It's been a while since we last spoke, but I assure you that I have not been sitting on my butt. On the contrary I have been busy every day trying to conquer the enormous gap of coding ignorance that separates me from where I want to be which is the Tiger Woods of coding (minus the whole getting hit with a 9 iron by his wife part) =-)

My friend owns this site and as you can see it needs some love www.jabsreporting.com. I have been building her new site, and a friend of a friend wanted me to do some Wordpress stuff for her and said she'd toss me $300 for the trouble, so that was fun and also hard to refuse :-)

I'm still working on the Udacity course and loving it, just going at a snail's pace at the moment do to other factors. I can't say really much about work just that I have more responsibility which I love but it is also a challenge and keeping me extremely busy with my head down all day at work.

I have a course in mind that I know I want to teach on Skillshare or Udemy later this year, probably in the fall. I need to make sure that my idea can actually be done successful so I am starting to work on testing it out... can't really say much more on it then that for now, but I am really excited with the idea!

My friends new site www.jabsreporting.com isn't done, but I thought I'd put up a pic of the home page, I don't have it up on Heroku yet or else I would give you a link. The main image is just a 'place holder' for now. Sorry it's so small, I'll put up a link soon. keep coding peeps!