Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Learning Ruby on Rails Day: 365

1 year ago I came home from shoeing horses hurt, angry, and determined. I hugged my wife and cussed at "them" and said: "I don't care if it takes the rest of my life, I am getting out of shoeing! I am going to teach myself how to code and get hired!"(quite a few cuss words were removed from that sentence) =)

What a year, what an adventure and man do I have a WAYS to go. I can't wait to get to work each day and to learn more, it's great! 4 years 9 months from now I want to be a lead/senior RoR developer, so I need to get learning and make "magic" happen if I'm to accomplish that.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me out especially +David Bock, +Jim Gay,  
+Jason Wieringa ...there are MANY more but those 3 encouraged me the most and I am grateful. I started 1 year ago with zero knowledge, zero connections, and knowing NO one.

Everything I've done, anyone else can do and probably quicker and better. The purpose of this blog was to hold myself accountable and make it publicly known what I was doing. The purpose of this blog now, is to help of noobs, to make it as "junior" developers and to document my 5 year junior to becoming a "senior" developer.

In other news....I offered to do a monthly Google Hangout, but didn't get much response, so I won't be doing it after all. I didn't get to hang out with @codestoic last Sunday, because he had some internet problems, but will make it up this coming Sunday. I will keep you posted on how things are going for him and his journey!

I truly believe we can accomplish 99% of what we set our minds to. 
As Babe Ruth said: "It's hard to beat a person who never gives up."

keep coding peeps!