Monday, May 13, 2013

End of Week 29 = 10 Days Left....600+ hours and counting!!!

Wow what a learning experience it is to get a site built to order, and in a certain amount of time. I swear bugs jump up from no where when you are trying to get something done in a short amount of time.

Here's where I am at:

1)  I need to get the www.wellspringlawn.com site looking better on mobile devices.

2) The site "portfolio" page loads WAY to slow, an error on how I'm calling Flickr's API on my part.

3) Peter (the company owner) wants to tweak the "Services" page and maybe add some different things.

4) I took the logo image from an email and cropped it, so it's pretty fuzzy. I should be getting the pdf file from the designer soon.

5) I screwed up the DNS name somehow with Amazon's "AWS" 53 service and the URL displays the Heroku URL instead of the wellspringlawn.com name.



I'm sure there are many more things I could/should do for the site, but after I fix the above, I'm calling it done. At least for now.

I'm meeting with Peter Wednesday evening to touch base, tweak things and put a little spit & polish on the site. Till then I am not working on the site anymore tonight or tomorrow.

Last week I had an awesome week. I studied/learned 29 hours and 40 minutes, no brag just fact! 617.5 hours so far. 10 days left and I only have 17 commits for my "Surprise" site for the 23rd. I will get it done peeps, box me in a corner and I will make magic happen or never go to bed :-)

Totally excited about coming to the end of my learning journey so far and seeing what happens, can't wait for the 23rd to knock your socks off with some mad coding skills :-)

No more time for talking, back to the grindstone. If you're not dreaming in code you need to get more excited about this whole thing! - Josh