Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ruby on Rails Learning Journey Day: 163

19 days to go till I hit 6 months of studying/learning Ruby on Rails, also in 19 days I promised you guys that I would have the Web App I'm making with +Cody Kemp 100% done and online for you to see. I'm happy to say that I am 58 commits into the project so far and feeling very good about it.

The Web App still looks the same right now as the last picture I put up on Twitter. I've been working on creating a user account and validating the users e-mail and password, tomorrow I am going to be working on the sign in page, when I have something new to look at done, I'll put a picture up on Twitter so you guys can see.

The Web App is able to create secure users with passwords right now, but you can only add them from the 'rails console' at the moment. Not sure how I'm going to host it. Not sure if can I use Heroku, or will it have a really long weird URL if I do that? Suggestions? Advice?

Anyway, first things first I need to get everything finished in the back end, play with the CSS and put a little 'spit & polish' on the Web App and then we can worry about hosting.

I have just over 13 hours of studying in so far this week, it's 12:40 a.m. as I write this, I have a very busy week shoeing horses tomorrow and Friday, so I'll probably study late the next couple days. Let's do this! -Josh