Saturday, April 6, 2013

Learning Ruby on Rails Day: 165

My birthday is tomorrow I turn 28. It's amazing what you can learn and accomplish in 6 months if you put you mind to it ( not to mention hard work and time)  :)  When I first started learning to program, I had absolutely no clue or idea of anything  that I wanted to make, I just wanted to learn to program. In the last month I've all of the sudden had a surge of ideas for things I want to build, I wonder if that's how it is with other programmers as you begin to understand things a little better, or is it just me?

One question I was thinking the other day: "How long does it take a professional Ruby on Rails Developer with 3-5 years of experience to make a basic website?" Of course the term basic is incredibly vague, but still I wonder. A day? A week? A month?
It doesn't matter I was just thinking.

Working on the pet rescue tonight, maybe a little on +Cody Kemp  and mine's Web App, we'll see, I'm watching my 2 boys as I write this, they're watching "Despicable Me". Is this how others code? I don't know, but it works for me :)  -Josh