Monday, April 22, 2013

End of week 26 = 532 hours!!!

Can you believe it? Tomorrow is officially 6 months of study/learning Ruby on Rails! 181 days so far =  532 hours!!!

This week I put in 26 hours which was good, I found myself really starting to understand controllers and models better, with more clarity. I like making an application from scratch,  I have to really understand what I'm doing.  I'm loving figuring out errors and fixing problems that come up on my own, gives my confidence a boost :-)

Been working on the landscaping website making a lot of progress should be ready to go by the 27th.
I got the service request form to send an email with the user's name, email and comment message so I'm really excited about that.


I'm going to have a couple Ruby on Rails developers give me a performance review and see how I'm doing since it's 6 months tomorrow.  I'll let you know how that goes, and what kind of feedback I get.

I know how to get my website up on Heroku, but I'm not exactly sure how to make everything "production ready" in the site. I mean do I need to switch gems around, not totally sure. The website works right now as it is, but I'm sure I need to change some things, we'll see.

I'm waiting on some website content right now and the domain name, but I still have a lot of stuff I can do to the site, I'll put up a picture later. Happy coding!. - Josh