Saturday, March 9, 2013

Why you need to get Dale Stephens book!

You need to buy "Hacking Your Education"

Now, I'm not selling this book, or making any money from it. I have never recommended a book before on my blog, but I absolutely 100% think people need to read this!
Chapter 3 and 4 are worth the price of the book alone!

If you don't like the author's outside the box thinking then you won't like mine either. With my learning Ruby On Rails journey, I feel like I am following similar steps of non traditional learning.

I do some classroom studying like Berkeley edX but I value my Mentorship and pair programming practical real world experience more.

I value hands on real world knowledge over academic theories. In 5 years I want to be in the top 10% of Ruby On Rails developers in the world. Crazy? Maybe, but who wants a small goal?

To borrow James Cameron's quote: " If you set your goals ridiculously high and it's a failure, you will fail above everyone else's success."

Josh