Thursday, March 7, 2013

Finally found some good Cucumber tutorials.

By the way, I forgot to mention I got my grade back for Berkeley 169.1x which was  85%, so I feel pretty good about that. I'm working through errors and homework today, thankfully not working do to the snow.

When learning Cucumber for the first time, you 'll be faced with extremely outdated tutorials from 2009-2010, which will not work and will fail. Thankfully I've found a remedy to this problem.

I recommend these 2 tutorials, One by my brother Cody who shows you how to get Ryan Bates' episode #155 Cucumber to work with updated  proper commands, you can find it here: http://www.codesterkemp.blogspot.com/2013/02/railscast-155-cucumber-tutorial.html

The second tutorial is also really good, between the two you should get a basic understanding of how Cucumber works. Here's the second tutorial: http://kconnolly.us/posts/17

In the future I know my brother is working on updating the second part of Ryan Bates cucumber tutorial, and when he does, I'll post the link. - Josh