Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's been a long time.

I know it's been a long time. I have been spending so much time working and trying to get into developer schools. My wife got into a car accident, my truck's transmission went out, basically life. But excuses are over. I have decided it would take me over a year to raise the $25,500 I need to go to developer school for 3 months, then have enough money to make it, till I could get hired, total time being roughly 4 months.

After much effort and discouragement I have decided to do this on my own, Self taught, with the goal being to land a junior ROR developer job in 6 months time or at least before my 28th Birthday which is April 7th 2013, we'll see.

I am committing to 3 hrs. per day minimum, 7 days a week. I would do more but I'm still working full time and have my family as well. I hope to blog about my experiences everyday. Tonight I have been struggling with the command line so I've decided to go through "Learn the command line the hard way". Then Proceed with other things.

Till next time. Josh Kemp